Aloha Ke Akua means God is Love
Love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, and charity.
Greeting, salutation, regards, sweetheart, lover, and a loved one.
Aloha is being...
Beloved, loving, kind, compassionate, charitable, and lovable.
Aloha Ke Akua Ministries is all about the Love of God. “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine:” Song of Solomon 6:3. As Indigenous people, we need to embrace God as ours, and also know that God embraces us as His. . . just as we are.
Our goal is to provide indigenous people, missionaries and Christians with information, training and materials that show the true nature of Jesus; that his way is not to be a foreign religion that destroys people groups and their cultures, but one that brings people groups and their cultures to their highest fulfillment.
Pu’uhonua O Hawai’i Marae
The Peaceful Sanctuary of Hawaii
Inspired by the Polynesian marae / malae and Israel’s Kibbutzim, Pu’uhonua O Hawai’i Marae is designed to address the housing crisis faced by low income families in Hawai’i.
Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed
Teachers, health care providers, service industry, agricultural workers
Do not earn enough to support their families
Forced to decide between quality child care, paying the rent, or buying food
- 50% of Hawaii County households were below the ALICE threshold. 45% of Hawaii Overall
- KITV Island News, May 28, 2019: “A recent economic study found 57% of Native Hawaiian do not earn enough to survive in Hawaii.”
- Median Price of a home in Hawai`i Aug. 2022: $920,000 (Hawaii Statewide Real Estate Report).
- Normal 20% bank down payment $184,000
- Causing hopelessness, despair and stress resulting in high rates of:
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Family abuse
- No time or energy for the children